Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blue Renaissance dress continued



So I am making the Bodice a separate entity from the sleeves and this will allow me to make sets of different types of sleeves that I can change. This is often what they did in the renaissance period in order to make a quick inexpensive change to a gown, was to make interchangeable pieces. the under skirt will be interchangeable to, to add a different contrast to the center of the dress. Also the white collar is a separate piece as well so i can change it to a ruffle partingale or nothing at all.

1 comment:

  1. Its coming along nicely!! Cant wait to sew with you in a couple weeks. I got a couple of patterns in the correct size, that I really want to show you. And I hope you will still teach me how to sew clothes. And thanks for taking my measurements!!

    ReplyDelete